What Might Be The Worst Pride and Prejudice
Crossover Idea of All Time?
I was having a discussion with a JAFF friend today, we found ourselves chatting about crossover story ideas. As the writer of a crossover, I hope that IT will never end up on a list such as the one below (for newcomers to my blog, information about my story Fitzwilliam Ebenezer Darcy is available under the tab for my author links). Actually, the conversation was inspired by a couple new plot bunnies I have hatching in my petting zoo. They were at least inspired by crossover ideas.
After that discussion, I found much humor in attempting to create a listing of the WORST Pride and Prejudice crossover ideas of all time. After you finish reading the list below, please comment on any other ideas for BAD Austen crossovers you might have in the comment section! (Best idea wins a post here at Darcyholic Diversions!) Got an idea? I would LOVE to hear it!
- Darcy--The Godfather: Elizabeth Bennet is horrified when she wakes up with a horse’s head in her bed. Don Darcy is now determined that Luca Wickham will soon sleep with the fishes.
- Indiana Darcy and the Temple at Rosings: After Darcy’s proposal in the rain is rejected at Rosings, he tells Elizabeth, “That is OK, my dear, but will you help me dig for the Wickham treasure under this temple? It will forever vindicate me. And I know how you like mud on your skirts.”
- Star Wars 7: Fitzwilliam Skywalker seeks the assistance of Colonel ‘Han Solo’ Fitzwilliam to over throw Darth Wickham and save the beautiful Princess Elizabeth.
- Darcy’s Silence of the Lambs: Clarice Elizabeth Bennet Starling seeks the assistance of Hannibal Wickham to catch Buffalo Bill, Lady Catherine’s evil dual identity. Will Darcy reach her in time to save her?
- The Wizard of Pemberley: Dorothy Elizabeth Bennet meets the Wicked Witch of Rosings when her house lands on her evil twin sister after a tornado. Will she get to the Emerald City of Pemberley and find The Wizard of Darcy and be able to return home?
- Forest Collins Gump: Just when we thought there could never be a sequel, Mr. Collins hits his head and falls into a comma. Waking up with amnesia, his first words are ‘Life is Like a Box of Chocolate, You never know what you are going to get.’
- Darcy’s Shawkshank Redemption: Andy DuDarcy is wrongly imprisoned for killing his first wife Caroline, not that he isn’t happy that she is dead.
- Good Will Darcy: Will Darcy, working incognito as a janitor at MIT, has a gift for mathmatics. Psychologist, Mr. Bennet. assists him in resolving his past and meeting the love of his life Elizabeth.
- Lady Catherine’s ‘Chuckie’: Lady Catherine has a doll that she can control to do her bidding. While Chuckie kill Elizabeth before Darcy can save her?
- Pemberley is Gone With The Wind: Scarlett Elizabeth Bennet has vowed that, as God is her witness they will never be hungry again. Will Rhett Darcy say, ‘Frankly, Scarlett I don’t give a damn," in this version as well? Or can they ever find a happy ending?
- Mr. Bennet’s Field of Dreams: If Mr. Bennet builds a replica of Pemberley in his back yard, Elizabeth and Darcy will be allowed to return.
(The above Video is NOT the WORST idea for a P&P Crossover, just an example of a crossover.)