What Might Be The Worst Pride and Prejudice
Crossover Idea of All Time?
I was having a discussion with a JAFF friend today, we found ourselves chatting about crossover story ideas. As the writer of a crossover, I hope that IT will never end up on a list such as the one below (for newcomers to my blog, information about my story Fitzwilliam Ebenezer Darcy is available under the tab for my author links). Actually, the conversation was inspired by a couple new plot bunnies I have hatching in my petting zoo. They were at least inspired by crossover ideas.
After that discussion, I found much humor in attempting to create a listing of the WORST Pride and Prejudice crossover ideas of all time. After you finish reading the list below, please comment on any other ideas for BAD Austen crossovers you might have in the comment section! (Best idea wins a post here at Darcyholic Diversions!) Got an idea? I would LOVE to hear it!
- Darcy--The Godfather: Elizabeth Bennet is horrified when she wakes up with a horse’s head in her bed. Don Darcy is now determined that Luca Wickham will soon sleep with the fishes.
- Indiana Darcy and the Temple at Rosings: After Darcy’s proposal in the rain is rejected at Rosings, he tells Elizabeth, “That is OK, my dear, but will you help me dig for the Wickham treasure under this temple? It will forever vindicate me. And I know how you like mud on your skirts.”
- Star Wars 7: Fitzwilliam Skywalker seeks the assistance of Colonel ‘Han Solo’ Fitzwilliam to over throw Darth Wickham and save the beautiful Princess Elizabeth.
- Darcy’s Silence of the Lambs: Clarice Elizabeth Bennet Starling seeks the assistance of Hannibal Wickham to catch Buffalo Bill, Lady Catherine’s evil dual identity. Will Darcy reach her in time to save her?
- The Wizard of Pemberley: Dorothy Elizabeth Bennet meets the Wicked Witch of Rosings when her house lands on her evil twin sister after a tornado. Will she get to the Emerald City of Pemberley and find The Wizard of Darcy and be able to return home?
- Forest Collins Gump: Just when we thought there could never be a sequel, Mr. Collins hits his head and falls into a comma. Waking up with amnesia, his first words are ‘Life is Like a Box of Chocolate, You never know what you are going to get.’
- Darcy’s Shawkshank Redemption: Andy DuDarcy is wrongly imprisoned for killing his first wife Caroline, not that he isn’t happy that she is dead.
- Good Will Darcy: Will Darcy, working incognito as a janitor at MIT, has a gift for mathmatics. Psychologist, Mr. Bennet. assists him in resolving his past and meeting the love of his life Elizabeth.
- Lady Catherine’s ‘Chuckie’: Lady Catherine has a doll that she can control to do her bidding. While Chuckie kill Elizabeth before Darcy can save her?
- Pemberley is Gone With The Wind: Scarlett Elizabeth Bennet has vowed that, as God is her witness they will never be hungry again. Will Rhett Darcy say, ‘Frankly, Scarlett I don’t give a damn," in this version as well? Or can they ever find a happy ending?
- Mr. Bennet’s Field of Dreams: If Mr. Bennet builds a replica of Pemberley in his back yard, Elizabeth and Darcy will be allowed to return.
(The above Video is NOT the WORST idea for a P&P Crossover, just an example of a crossover.)
This post was dedicated to my friend China. Our talk today inspired this! So blame it on her.ReplyDelete
Actually, I rather liked some of those, Barb!ReplyDelete
I came up with some other ones that I thought might be horrible, but the more I thought about them I thought they might be good.Delete
Like Black Widow with Lady Catherine marrying and killing her husbands. Elizabeth and Darcy as detectives trying to catch her.. Rather liked that one..LOL..
I came up with a Rear Window as well and liked it..LOL..
Let me know which one you LIKED, fyi!
Ooh, I like the Black Widow/Lady Catherine idea!Delete
June, I liked it as well! That is why I didn’t leave it in the BAD ones..LOL. Not that I think I am going to write that one. I am NOT posting the ones I MIGHT...LOL.. :DDelete
I DID add #11 as I had thought of it and forgot to include it. So if anyone missed it go back and read!
Thanks June! Barb
LOL! These are hilarious! Sounds like you and China had a very productive day! LOL!ReplyDelete
She mentioned The Godfather and well it just took off from there.Delete
When my husband tried to tell anyone about my writing, particularly if they are men, he says, ‘well it is kind of like rewriting the Godfather except instead of ‘Luca Brasi swims with the fishes, Luca opens a new restaurant.’. I actually found some Godfather fan fiction for him a few months back, but he never looked at it.. :D.
Oh my! I love #11! We've been talking about getting a new outbuilding...wonder if we can build it to resemble Pemberley from the 95 movie? Hmmm...."Oh Mr Darcy...er...Jimmo"!!!!! LOL!ReplyDelete
I DID think of you when I wrote that one, Sandy. I ALMOST called it Jim’s Field of Dreams. But knew that the majority of the readers MIGHT not get that! But if there is anyone that would do it.... It WOULD be your Jim! Glad you liked it! BarbDelete
Darcy's August Rush: The immensely talented front man for the band "Fitz" fathers a child while in a drunken stupor with groupie Elizabeth Bennet, a classical musician from Kansas, who was slipped a date rape drug by George Wickham, who passed out and missed the party. Darcy, in San Diego, and Elizabeth, in Chicago, hear the same wind chimes and meet their love child in Central Park. Wickham is still passed out on a rooftop.ReplyDelete
Now I have never heard of August Rush before. I did look it up on IMDB and saw a bit about it. Was it a good movie? I am curious Robin.Delete
As I read this, I couldn’t help but think it might not be a BAD plot bunny Robin..LOL. Not your cup of tea, nor mine, but interesting! :D
August Rush was a wonderful movie. You do realize that my REALLY bad writing was a joke? That sentence ran on and on until it got to Chicago itself. Ha!ReplyDelete
You definitely should rent the movie and watch it. I got it a couple of weeks ago at WalMart for $5.00. Robin Williams is in it.
I did get that! LOL. But in some kind of odd convoluted way, I could see it working...LOL.
I will check the movie out at some point however! :D
Now that I've read them all again, the only one I really like is the Indiana Darcy one. Maybe not that exact story, but I could definitley see Indiana Darcy so into his research and the new information that he just received about the location of "whatever" lost artifact that he's thought to be rude by Elizabeth. And I can definitley get into Darcy fighting with the Nazis or other bad guys to keep them from taking the artifacts instead of putting them into a museum. Darcy with that hat.ReplyDelete
I actually had a dream about a P&P that took place during WWII and Darcy and Col. Fitz were British spies and Elizabeth had been visiting Paris where the Gardiners lived when the war broke out, and she got stuck there, working with the Underground, who came across the Nazis' secret... hmmmm... I almost forgot about that. It was really good, too! I had better write that one down before I do forget!
LOL. Wendi, most likely we all love Darcy so much that we could MAKE one of my bad ideas a good one with little trouble. I could see doing the Indiana Jones on in a WWII time frame. But as the majority of these included copyrighted materials it couldn’t REALLY be a cross over in that manner..LOL. But YOU are good at that! Taking a thread of an idea from a cross over and making it completely original. So I nearby grant you leave to use that idea and run with it should you like to! It could be quite fun! :DDelete
For instance, I thought that if it was DARCY who was building Pemberley in his back yard that that might be better. But how? Well, he accidentally got stuck in current day time and wanted to go BACK to his Elizabeth at Pemberley and HE heard the voice to build it and SHE would come. It at least sounds a bit better than my first idea..LOL.
I love Austen’s works so much I will devour most anything, good or bad cross over alike! Thanks for sharing your idea! Barb
Yes, Wendi, write that one down!ReplyDelete
These are really funny Barb. I wish I had two working brain cells right now so I could add to the list.
I am glad that this has given you some entertainment! As that was the sole purpose in the first place. But if you DO find your brain cells please let me know!
Oh goodness, that was a truly scary list. LOL Good one, Barb.ReplyDelete
Glad you enjoyed it Lucy! Looking forward to YOUR post in March!Delete
Some of these are pretty interesting. How about a Harry Potter one?ReplyDelete
Well, let’s see:Delete
Hogworths has a new potions master, Professor Elizabeth Bennet. Problem is she and Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Fitzwilliam Darcy have a past. Will Harry, Hermoine and Ron be able to survive this context of wills?
Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth Darcy are quite very nervous. There is a secret they hope the ’ton’ never discovers. Their oldest son and heir to Pemberley is a Wizard. Will the secret remain so now that he is bound for his first year at Hogworths School?